Friday, September 26, 2008

light box?

So I took on the task of making myself a light box today. I currently take my photos outside on a little retaining wall of stone we have in the back yard. That works okay most of the time but cold weather will be here in a bit so I'm looking for an alternative. Plus the inconvenience of rain, dark, ya know. Sooooo with my trusty box cutter in hand I hacked up a little box I had. Cutting large windows out of the two sides and the top. Taped white tissue over the windows I cut out. Placed my background in(white poster board). Then set up my lights on the outside. It should have looked something like this.......


For the most part it did just not so pretty! I was totally excited to take my professional pics. This is what I got.........


They are okay. I guess I was hoping for something magical to happen! So after all that I think I'll keep taking my photos outside. On the cold days, I'll wear a coat! :)

For some great tips on making your own light box http://www.walkerstreetvintage.blogspot.com/2008/09/light-box-on-budget.html

To see my usual photos go on over to my Etsy page and check it out. Share

3 comments:

Samy St Clair said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Samy St Clair said...

I think the photo looks great! Thanks for the mention on your blog. :D

mommyholly said...

OH I loveeee the Twilight things!!! :) Could I BE any more obsessed with those books, eeeek! CUTE blog xo!