Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fun With Pumpkins

I seriously can't remember a time when I haven't carved a pumpkin for Halloween. My dad was/is the pumpkin carving master. Of course we did the old fashioned kind with triangle eyes. Our little family did our pumpkin carving last night.

Watch out for men with big knives.
Ewwww pumpkin guts. We couldn't talk them into reaching in and grabbing a handful.
Hannah gave her pumpkin the necessary de-gutting.
It's finally fall weather in Texas. Yay! We have a fireplace on our patio and use the heck out of it in the fall/winter. Love, love, love sitting by the fire in the evenings. What is better than that?
The result of all Dad's hard work.
The result of all Hannah's hard work.
Later today I'll be getting together little Halloween goodie packages for my 4 year old's pre-school class. Of course I'll be including a couple age appropriate hand made items. I'll share later. May even turn it into a short "how to".
I also have resin all over the place! I have several pieces that I have to get sanded and polished, then listed on Etsy. Busy day ahead. I must get out of this computer chair.
Happy Wednesday to all. What are you up to today?
Share

3 comments:

Rockalicious said...

Those are really good pumpkins! I always did the triangle face too. I love Halloween traditions.

Grove Designs Co, aka Kriskropmemories said...

Love your pumpkins, great job. My oldest for the first few years wouldn't take out the guts either, now I think he thinks its the best part!!

Cat said...

Hi! I am very excited about the Mommy Holly swap as well. Your blog is very cite--love the bows and the pumpkins were amazing. Just wanted to say a quick hello :)
Warmly,
cat