Friday, October 17, 2008

I have been boo'd and woo'd

It's the little things that get me all excited. Someone, one of our lovely neighbors left this bowl of candy and Halloween goodies at our front door. Rang the door bell and ran like the wind. How sweet is that?! I love it. In with the the Halloween goodies was this note......

You have been BOO'd!!!
The air is cool, the season fall.
Soon Halloween will come to all.
Ghosts and goblins, spooks galore...
Tricky witches at your door.
The spooks are after things to do.
A spook, in fact, bought the BOO to you!!!
The excitement comes when friends like you,
copy this note and make it two.
We'll all have smiles upon our faces.
No one will know who has BOO'd who's places.
Just two short days to work your spell.
Keep it a secret, hide it well.
Please join the fun, the seasons here.
So spread the BOOs and Halloween cheer.
Inside was a little list of instructions.
1. Enjoy your treat.
2. Place the BOO sign on your front door or in a visible window.
3. Within 2 days make two treats, two copies of this note, & two BOO signs.
4. Secretly deliver to 2 friends without BOO signs.
5. Keep an eye on nearby front doors to see how far and fast it spreads by Halloween.

I giggled like a little kid! I'm such a sucker for stuff like this. I'm already planning my treats that I'll deliver to two neighbors. I'll be having Hannah and her boyfriend, Spencer deliver them though. I'm not a very good sneak.

What a fun thing to do in your neighborhood. Do it! I double dare ya! I would love to hear your Halloween BOOing stories.

I'll post pics of my treats when I get them all together.

Now for the woo'd part. My not generally romantic husband brought me roses this evening for nothing. Yep, no reason at all.


Surprises of all sorts are the best. :)

Share

2 comments:

Christopher And Tia said...

Oh my gosh thats way too cute!

laughingdaisy said...

what a great way to spread joy through the neighborhood. Kudos to you for playing along.