Friday, November 21, 2008

This "How To" has Gone To The Dogs

I couldn't resist the goofy title. I'm not a cook, nor do I like to cook. Baking cookies for dogs is okay.
Pre heat your oven to 275 degrees.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup flour

3/4 cup oatmeal

1/4 cup wheat germ

1/3 cup peanut butter

1/4 cup veggie oil

2 tablespoons honey

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 cup water


Mix thoroughly. I used a spoon for a bit but your hands do the best mixing.

Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface. I rolled mine to about 1/4 inch. The recipe didn't specify.
Cookie cutter time! I used a dog bone but really you could use any shape. I doubt your dog would mind.
Cut, cut, cut.

Place on a cookie sheet. Some parchment paper would have came in handy here. They only stuck to the pan where the glaze touched so it wasn't a big deal.
Glaze:

1 egg

2 tablespoons milk

Brush the glaze on your cookies.

Bake at 275 degrees for 30 minutes. Rotate pan and bake for another 30 minutes.

Now for the presentation. I bought canning jars at Michael's for cheap. Some fabric from the scrap bin at Hobby Lobby. I already had twine.
Here is Buster after a taste test. He said "yummy" then gave me a wink.

Finished product! I cut a square of my fabric out, placed it over the lid, screwed on the ring, and added some twine.
My mother-in-law will be bringing Penney and Mocha, her two incredibly spoiled poodles next week. These will be a little treat for them and her. These actually made the house smell like peanut butter and oatmeal cookies were baking. I think I fooled my neighbor into thinking I was baking!
Share

2 comments:

Angela said...

I ordered dog treats about an hour ago! Oh well, I am going to make these anyway! I have a great recipe for "Pupcakes" if you want it :) They look so cute in that jar!

Forever Foxed said...

Ha, your dog looks very happy with your baking! I'm not much of a baker but that's OK cos my dog will eat ANYTHING!