Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Brrrrrr and Other Stuff

It's darn cold today in Texas!

This past weekend we had Christmas with my family. By the time we get around to December 25th, that will be our 3rd Christmas celebration.

This is me having a good time at my Dad's place with my brother and sweet baby niece. Surrounded by the trashy aftermath of gift opening.

Over the weekend my mom made these little do-dads and they were pretty tasty. I'm not a huge peanut butter person but these have an addictive quality to them. I don't even know what they are called. Feel free to come up with your own name.

1 cup sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 cups of corn flakes

Combine sugar and syrup in a saucepan; heat to a full boil. Remove from heat and add peanut butter and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Pour mixture over corn flakes and stir until the flakes are completely covered. Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper.

Let me know if you give these little corn flakey thingies a try.

I'm generally not a last minute Christmas shopper but this year it's creeping up on me. I'm feeling the squeeze of 9 shopping days left. How is your shopping going? Are you all finished?!



LeelaBijou said...

My shopping is going quite delayed and I haven´t still find gifts for everyone but I hope to finish my shopping before the weekend *crossing fingers*

Malissa said...

I used to make those off of the cornflakes box! They are good...who doesn't like peanut butter thingys?!

Come by my blog if you would like to pick up your award for having a super terrific blog that I love to read! Participation is optional!