Thursday, December 4, 2008

Oh, Oh, Oh, Merry Christmas?

I ripped off this post idea from The better to stalk you my dear . Her blog makes me laugh.

A few photos of Christmas past.
This is me with my new phone making some kind of scrunchy face and someone got a garden patio set. Christmas 1972.

Christmas 1973. This is me sporting my low-rise jeans with a little crack sticking out the top. How fashionable was I?!

Christmas 1973 again. Surrounded by lots of gifts, a creepy baby doll, and even creepier monkey. I don't know who's house this was, I don't think it was ours.

Fast forward to Christmas 1978. I have a brother! I remember that pleather couch. The carpet is gorgeous isn't it?! You can tell we are ready to lunge at the tree.



Here are 24 Christmas questions just for the heck of it.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both

2. Real or Artificial tree? Fake most of the time.

3. When do you take the tree down? The day after Christmas! I'm sick of it by then.

4. Do you like Eggnog? No.

5. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably my sky blue bicycle with a banana seat. The seat had clouds on it. I rode that bike all over creation.

6. Hardest person to buy for? My mother-in -law(husband's real mom)

7. Easiest person to buy for? Hannah

8. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope.

9. Mail or email Christmas cards? I do Christmas cards every other year. I'm off this year. Here is last year's card!

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? LOL, I'll keep that one to myself.

11. Favorite Christmas Movie? I'm not really a movie watcher so I really don't have one. The kids and I usually make it a point to watch Polar Express though.

12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Mid November I think

13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't recall. Really, I don't.

14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Fudge. Lots of fudge with nuts.


15. Lights on the tree? Yes, who has a dark tree?! Little white lights with a few multi-colored large bulbs too.

16. Favorite Christmas song? I have a confession to make. Please don't think badly of me. I don't like Christmas music. There I said it. Now it's out in the open. I don't mind listening to the instrumental stuff from Vince Guaraldi, music from the Charlie Brown Christmas special. I can handle that.

17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? STAY HOME! Can you tell I feel strongly about this. I'm sure my feelings will change once I don't have little kids in the house.

18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Not sure. Maybe

19. Angel on the tree top or a star? This year it's a sparkly star.

20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? The kids open one on Christmas eve, the rest in the morning.

21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Christmas music?

22. Favorite ornament theme or color? My favorite ornament is a little girl with braids that came from my parents house. I think I stole her when I moved out a million years ago. Still love her for some reason.

23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Fudge?

24. What do you want for Christmas this year? Health, happiness, lavender pants, and a blue shirt.

I have no idea what year this was. Santa is looking a little tired and disheveled. Possibly one kid to many sitting on his lap at the McDonald's.

Oh, Oh, Oh Merry Christmas! Share

4 comments:

jnicdesigns said...

What a great post! The Christmas "crack" shot gave me a good giggle because I think my parents have a photo of me that could probably be passed off as your twin crack sister ;). Thanks for the giggles!

jnicdesigns said...

What a great post! The Christmas "crack" shot gave me a good giggle because I think my parents have a photo of me that could probably be passed off as your twin crack sister ;). Thanks for the giggles!

lolasmom said...

love that plumber crack pic!

thanks for stopping by today :)

Vanessa said...

I love the one at McD's!