Sunday, January 25, 2009

Cows and Chickens and Pigs Oh My

Yesterday for fun we went to the Fort Worth Stock Show. I'm not really your stock show kinda gal but hey they had a building full of vendors. If you weeded out all the tractors, boots, and general stock show stuff there was some jewelry, clothes(cute I might add), and housewares. Not to mention all the farm animals you could handle in one day.

Meet Rusty, an almost 2000 pound genuine Texas longhorn. Cute isn't he?

Hanging out in the tire of a tractor.

The kids had a great time looking at all the show animals. So did husband(past Future Farmer of America member!). Can I tell you I don't think there is a cuter baby animal than a piglet.
Google image photo
To bad they grow up to be not so cute!

We are rounding off the weekend with a lazy Sunday. The best kind of day.

Oh, and a bit of child labor.

I want to send out a huge, ginormous thank you to all that have entered my giveaway. I'm so glad I decided to do it at the last minute. It's been terribly fun, I tell ya.
I'm working away at some new goodies for the shop. Waiting for some supplies to arrive in the mail any day now. I run out to check the mail like crazy every day.


Angela said...

That piglet IS very cute. Have a great rest of the weekend.

AnniKae said...

aahhhh...very cute piglet. I hear that mama pig can get very grumpy if you try to touch the lil babe. Great Pic's btw.

Little Lovables said...

Awe, so fun! We totally wanted to go too, but forgot :(

Angie said...

Looks like a fun day was had by all. :)