Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's a Hat Day

Those buttons that I picked up last weekend have been my focus for the last couple of days. I have spent lots of time digging through them. The boys think it's really fun too.

That on my finger there is a prototype. I'm excited. Everyone under the sun is doing button rings. Who wouldn't? They are the cutest thing right now. Mine have a little twist involving my favorite medium. Do you know what that is? The one here is awesome. The only sucky part is I don't think photos are going to do them justice. I'll see what I can do with the light box and all. Hannah wore one to school today for durability and cute factor testing. I'm waiting for her report. More to come for sure.

I'm always on the lookout for new recipes that are easy and yummy. I snagged this one from Madame Cupcake. She tried it a bit ago, so I thought what the heck. Cheesy chili-mac. I whipped this up in no time last night. I made a few adjustments. I don't like stewed tomatoes. Ewwww. The family seemed to like it. This one may just go into my recipe book. Give it a whirl.

So I'm not a die-hard fan or anything but.............


Tonight is the start of the 8th season of American Idol. I have watched previous seasons off and on. Frankly most winners are not anything to get excited about. I can sing along with Kelly Clarkson like no body's business though. Since U Been Gone, anyone?
Here is what is a tad intriguing about this one.
1. They are going to show less of the train wrecks during the audition process.
2. A new judge.
3. More background stories for the finalist.
4. I hear they are ditching dorky theme nights. IE. Neil Diamond night. I personally don't have anything against Neil or his fans. I just don't want to see young folks trying to take one of his million year old songs and sing it fresh and funky.
Of course I'll be switching to CBS for the last hour. Missing The Mentalist is a big no-no around here.


The sunset in Texas a few nights ago. Ain't that purdy?

Happy Tuesday night peeps.

Share

6 comments:

knitsational said...

I'm not a big Idol fan but I do love to watch the auditions.

Karrie said...

I like watching the first part of American Idol just to see some people make fools of themselves. I love the sunset picture!

Malissa said...

Hey Jo!
I get hooked on idol in random seasons. Some seasons there is no one to root for. I like your new ring, and your new hair color!

Jennifer MacNeill-Traylor said...

What a neat idea for a ring, buttons! How clever.
Got the new Idol on tivo to watch later:)

BorneoDiva said...

i love idol show...i am fans of carrie underwood, she is the real deal :)

Tina Willias said...

OMG, was Paula wearing one of heart rings last night?? Looks like she is a fan of yours.. It was a pretty white one..lol.. Did you see it??