Sunday, January 18, 2009

Mmmmmmm Cookies

Husband really loves sugar cookies. It's really easy to whip up a batch of them for Valentine's Day and he's happy as can be. I'm all about easy and he's pretty easy to please.

Best Rolled Sugar Cookies

1 1/2 cups butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.
These are yummy with or without icing. They stay a little chewy instead of getting crispy. Yummy and they go fast. I made them a few weeks ago and didn't want to mess with the rolling out part. So, I rolled them into a ball and squished them a little on the cookie sheet. Still yummy just not as cute.

I'm working on some new ideas for my Etsy shop. Waiting on some supplies to arrive and I'll be putting my crafty little hands to work. Keep a watch out for more new goodies.

I think I'll do my first ever giveaway this coming week too.


knitsational said...

These are so cute! How did you do the wording on them?

Angela said...

Those look so good! I love sugar cookies! I work in a restaurant and we sell cookies. I am always surprised by how many people DON'T like sugar cookies. We hardly ever sell the sugar cookies when we make them...fine by me, that just leaves me a few more.

Latharia said...

Oh, those are too fun .... and like knitsational, I am trying to figure out how you got the words on there!

groovyinclinations said...

These are simply the best!! This recipe has replaced my favorite!

Thank you, I love your bloggie~ it's adorable and so useful!