Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Like To Read

Hannah, my oldest child, is now published.

Well, in the school newspaper. She's writing for The Cat's Eye this semester and her first two articles came out yesterday. I'm a proud mama. Can you tell?

Hannah, my dearest, also found a very cool site. If you like to read, that is.

swaptree

A place were you can swap books, CDs, and movies. Create yourself an account, list books you have for trade, mark books you would like to have, then swap away. Sweet! So, for the cost of shipping a book you get a new book to read. Maybe not quite as sweet as the library but not all of us have one of those handy. I can't wait to try it myself. Hannah has already made one trade.

I'm working on new things for the shop but the process of getting them ready for listing in the shop is slooooow.

Share

8 comments:

Hyla said...

Congrats to your daughter!! I know you are proud!

Kayce said...

how exciting to have your daughter's writing published! Even if it is in the school paper.

jena ardell said...

how nice!! it's always rewarding to see your work in a publication. And that book swap site is a really neat idea... I'm on my way to check it out now.

kathy said...

How proud you must be of your daughter -- WAY TO GO !! Kathy - ga

Creative Coquette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Creative Coquette said...

I hate when I typo [tisk]..

That's a great site and a great idea.

Congrats to your awesome daughter!

Stacey said...

That is wonderful about your daughter's first published work. Thanks for the swap link, too, looks interesting.

Leslie said...

What a clever idea your daughter has! I can't wait to look at the site.