Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Woooo Your Valentine With Chocolates "How To"


Valentine's day is creeping up on us. Of course I think something handmade is the way to go unless it's expensive and sparkly. Just kidding, sorta.

This is my friend Glenda. We have known each other since I was around 8 or 9. We used to climb through the barbed wire fence to walk through the field that was between our houses. Day after day, let me tell ya. Anywho, Glenda says she's not very crafty but she's a darn good cook. Though we live in different states we talk weekly and try to see each other when we can. These chocolates are one of the goodies she likes to make.

1 package of oreos
1 package of cream cheese
1 package of white chocolate chips

1. Munch up the oreos in the food processor.
2. Mix in your room temperature cream cheese
3. Roll into bite sized balls. Chill for 30 - 40 minutes.
4. Melt your white chocolate.
5. Dip then place on wax paper. I put them back in the fridge for a few minutes.
6. Drizzle with chocolate(milk or semi-sweet) to make them purdy.

Waaaaa la!
In the words of Glenda, everyone thinks I really worked hard when I make these.

How sweet would these be in a handmade box!

Besides making chocolates today I mailed off lots of stuff.

How about that recycled amazon box, uh?!

Share

6 comments:

rachel said...

between this and that, you make some amazing stuff!

you would raise some creative kids.. and i say this because I have nannied 7 years.

jennyflower said...

You know you said you'd send me something? I'll have those please!- only joking, I will have a field day making these with the kids at the weekend. Thanks

Ilena said...

These look delicious and totally doable. thanks!

Malissa said...

Yummy! I have a subscribtion to Kraft Kitchens magazine (bonus-it's free!) and they usually have some super easy cheater stuff like this! I'm going to have to try them!

kathy said...

WOW CAN I HAVE SOME PLEASE __ LOL
LOOKS YUMMY __ KATHY _GA

Angela said...

Now I have to pluck my eyes out. Do you mind? Some of us are trying to diet over here!

My gosh those look so delicious.