Sunday, March 8, 2009

Cheese Ball Goodness

I'm a big fan of the cheese ball. Yep.

Kari's(my best pal) Cheese Ball

3 packages cream cheese (let it soften a little or put in microwave for 30 sec or so)
1 8-10 oz. of grated cheese - I used sharp cheddar, you can use what you like
1 10-12 oz. jar sliced jalapenos(chopped)
1-2 teaspoon garlic powder
1-2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
walnuts...chopped, about 2 cups give or take

Mix first 5 ingredients and about a handful of chopped walnuts and form a ball (make two smaller ones.). Roll the balls in the remaining walnuts and refrigerate over night or for 4-5 hours.

This past weekend I made this cheesy goodness for my house full of folks. Here are a few tips:
The longer it sets the hotter it gets
Cut the amount of jalapenos in half or more, for less heat
Chop your jalapenos up in the food processor
Use low fat cream cheese
Carr's table water crackers are awesome with cheese ball
Use your favorite nuts, pecans are yummy
It tastes better if it sets out of the fridge for 15-20 minutes to take the chill off
It's a crowd pleaser and makes two good sized cheese balls

We also had a Bumble Bee Transformer cake!
Share

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

My son would loooove that cake! And I would love some cheese ball!

SecretMe said...

I have never tried cheese balls, we dont have them here, but that cake looks hmmm fine ♥

Angela said...

num num num

Creative Coquette said...

Ooooo I think I will attempt this cheese ball, yum!

Tammy said...

love chees balls too! YUMMERS!
Thanks for sharing!
Tammy :-)
JUNK WILD

Anonymous said...

Looks great. Silly question.....3 of the 8 oz. packages or 3 oz. packages of cream cheese?

smilemonsters said...

Asking the package size is not a silly question.....it's actually a quite good one!

3 - 8 ounce packages

Jo