Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I Love Her

My Grandparents have a basement that has always been a super cool place. It's damp and dusty, full of cobwebs.
When I was a kid I loved to go down there with my Grandma to dig through all the treasures. Let me tell ya, there are some treasures down there!


This past weekend when my family came for a visit they brought me two of those treasures.


Rusty and old as heck but they are treasures to me for certain.


No electricity needed here. Your foot runs this baby!


Though she won't be running anytime soon.


I haven't done any research on these. I really have no idea what I have here. Honestly I don't care. They have certainly seen better days. I just love they way they look. Since I dig all things old, rusty, and shabby they are perfect. One is just a base with the old foot pedal. The other is the entire machine on it's base. They will need some cleaning up and a little TLC but for the most part I plan on leaving them shabby.

Now for making your photos into super rad old-school polaroids. Go here.
Share

7 comments:

cabin + cub said...

those are great! lucky you!

LeelaBijou said...

So cool! :)

JuliaB said...

i have one exactly the same! it's my summer project. x

Estela said...

Oooh I love it!! Lucky you!

HanamiGallery said...

wow so cool! haha no electric all foot power! i wonder if you could clean it up and actually use it!?! hehe.

CactusHead Studio said...

I have one too that I love! Aren't they beautiful? If you can find a serial number, Singer has a hotline you can call for free and find out when and where it was made.

Victoria Bennett Beyer said...

My grandma had one of these, in perfect condition, and I have no idea where it went! I used to have so much fun as a kid pushing the treddle.

I'm so glad you have these treasures now :)