Monday, March 2, 2009

I'm Rockin' The Suburbs

Musical Monday

Something fun from Jori and Diane! Post a song, video, lyrics to a song, whatever you like. Then tell us why that song means something to you. Sweet. Could be that path to finding your new favorite artist. Ya never know. Be sure to go to Jori or Diane's and link up!

I love Ben Folds. Though I technically don't live in the suburbs I'm for sure rockin'.
This is the unedited version of the song, there are some cuss words, which Ben Folds likes to do. If you have virgin ears or kiddos hanging over your shoulder, use caution.

Here is a clean version that had the embedding disabled or I woulda posted it for your listening pleasure. Mr Folds also did a kid friendly version of this song for the movie Over The Hedge.
Enjoy and I hope you play along.



Sara said...

This is a great idea! My favorite song is Mexico by Jump Little Children. LOVE that song. I think I'll steal this idea! :) Thanks!

And I love Ben Folds and this song, too. Good choice!

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Fun song! ... has a mischievious sound to it, no???

Hello from SpeedyCat in Minnesota :-)

jori-o said...

Good old Ben. He has great music. And I agree with Speedcat up there--there IS a bit of good-natured naughtiness in this song, no?

Diane said...

i remember that from over the hedge! fun song!

Kris said...

You are so my hero! I flippin' love Ben Folds!
Everything he does is amazing.
But this CD was probably one of my favorites. :]

Victoria Bennett Beyer said...

I think Ben Folds is great and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jump Little Children. But my fav. band is Cowboy Mouth, from New Orleans. They have the BEST live shows - so much passion and energy. I've taken so many people over the years to their shows, and everyone has a good time.

Here's a live version of Jenny Says. Has a few *bad* words for those virgin ears.