Friday, April 3, 2009

Cheer Needed

I'm in a funk. The funkiest of funks. So funky that I had a rare alone date with my husband last night where we did one of my favorite things and I could not enjoy it. Oh yuck!

So here is my effort to get out of this crappy funk. A few of my favorite things.

Sunshine. What else is there to say?

This is a shelf that holds lots of cool stuff that I like. Stuff my grandpa made, old photos, an old rattle in the shape of a phone that floated around my grandparents house for a zillion years till I snagged it. Cool stuff.

A wooden car that my grandpa made for me in 1978 and old photos of my dad.

An owlie bank that my grandparents gave me when I was just a wee tot. It used to stay at their house full of fifty cent pieces. Wonder what happened to those. It's empty! Wonder if Grandma robbed it for a garage sale run. Anywho they gave it to me to bring home awhile back. Owlie lives on a shelf at my desk.

A old photo booth photo of my parents. This is by far my favorite photo of all time. They were young and in love. My parents haven't been together for a long time but I still love looking at this snapshot of their history. It also stays at my desk tucked right by my basket of shipping supplies.

So aside from the sunshine I guess I have a theme going here. Unintentional theme.
What things to you keep around you for an instant mood boost?
Share

4 comments:

HanamiGallery said...

those photos of your parents are sooooo cute~ how fun! now funk go away~ i command!!

LeelaBijou said...

Those photos are fantastic! The one of your parents is specially charming :)

Uniflame said...

I have an inspirational cardboard above my comp desk. It is pictures and drawings that inspire me.

Victoria Bennett Beyer said...

Hope you are feeling better soon! It's so strange to be in a funk and not even know why, but it happens to us all.

For boost, I find there is nothing like Twilight (the book or the movie). If that doesn't work, calling (or seeing) a friend always helps.