Sunday, April 12, 2009

Race For The Cure

Yesterday was the Susan G. Komen Race For The Cure.

This is how we stared our day of course. Starbucks at 6:15am. Before yesterday I had not seen the sun rise in a long time. Just a little to early for me.

Here are Kari and I before the walk started. It was chilly but not terrible. I did have my layers of clothing on though!

My daughter Hannah and her BFF came along. Also Kari's mom, a friend of hers, and her sister in law were there. Hannah and Christine stood in the long Starbucks line for a hot drink for every one's cold hands.

The amount of people that participated was awesome. Lot's of ladies, handfuls of men, and plenty of dogs. I particularly liked seeing the whole families that were there walking together. It would have been a super people watching event but I chatted Kari's ear off the entire time we were walking.

At the end.
There were so many people that the start was crowded and slow but once you got going it thinned out and was a nice little walk. We wound through down town Fort Worth with a few thousand other peeps for a good cause. I'm looking forward to next year.


kim* said...

Today I am working on a bathc of o'buttons with the ribbon for the cure

Angela said...

Such a great cause. It looks like you had fun too!

SleightGirl said...

That is so cool! And you guys looked like you were having a blast (which is hard to do that early in the morning).

Creative Coquette said...

That's very cool. Looks like you all had a great time as well.


Malissa said...

I was just catching us on some of your posts and noticed this one! My brother and my 8 year old nephew ran this! This may have been the one my nephew came in the top 6- I can't remember. Good for you for running it!