Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cinco De May

Happy Cinco De Mayo. I'm thinking tacos tonight. Mmmmmmm, nothing beats a homemade taco.I just finished reading These Is My Words by Nancy Turner. It took me a bit due to interruptions and a little lack of interest in the beginning. It wouldn't have been a typical book choice for me but in the end I'm glad I read it. It's a story of a woman and her struggles in the late nineteenth century. She had a rough life I'll say that. I don't know if the writer intends on continuing the story but she sure could the way the book ended. I would certainly read it too.

I'll start The Shack by Wm. Paul Young now. I ran across it while roaming the book store one day with Hannah.
A quote from the back of the book....
"The Shack wrestles with the timeless question: Where is God in a world so filled with unspeakable pain?"
Could be interesting. I'll let you know.
I love getting lost in a book. Even if it's for a few minutes at a time!
What are you reading?


Cat said...

Amen to the homemade tacos!! YUM!

Victoria Bennett Beyer said...

Right before I turn out the light and go to sleep is my daily reading time and I look forward to it every day. Right now I'm reading "Mirror, Mirror" by Gregory Maguire. I'm halfway in and I'm really not feeling it yet - definitely not as good as Wicked.

Renee said...

I just finished Francine Rivers'
Redeeming Love, and I am now reading
And the Shofar Blew, by Francine Rivers. I have read the Shack and loved it. Can't wait to see what you think.

*Birgit* said...

Hi there,

Actually, there are two more books of Sarah's adventures. :) The next one is "Sarah's Quilt" which I intend to read soon, as I just LOVED "These Is My Words" by Nancy E. Turner. :) Didn't Jack make you swoon now and then? I will miss him in the next novel...

Greetings from Munich,