Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Holy Fat Grams!

I don't like to cook. In a perfect world I'd never cook again. All my meals would be prepared for myself and the family by a personal chef. A personal chef that would make everything taste like a dream.
So over the weekend our Super Target had these on sale.

I decided I'd give them a try. One of the meals I picked up was the chicken alfredo. It's extremely easy to prepare. Rip open package, pour in skillet, cook on medium heat for 10 minutes. It doesn't get much better than that. I'm also happy to report it was good. Surprisingly good. That prompted me to look at the nutritional content since anything that tastes good like this can't be good for you. Oh how right I was.(Overlook the fact that I did this check of the nutritional content backwards, as in, look at it before you buy it.)
A ginormous 42 grams of fat per serving. That's a little more than a Big Mac and large fry!
Then...... 1370 grams of sodium per serving.
That's 65% of your daily fat intake. Eat your serving of this and you have ate over half of your fat for the day, in one meal. No dessert for you!
So I'm sad to say as tasty and easy as this was I will never buy it again. Sigh.

I realize that chicken alfredo isn't the most healthy meal but geeze Bertolli what are you trying to do to us?!

No comments: