Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday Stuff

The 2nd photo there was my day 73 for my 365.

As far as I know these are just weeds that grow in fields and along the road. I think they are super cool though. They open to make this purple pom pom looking thing. Then towards the end of it's life it turns to cotton like seed thingies that float away to ensure we'll see more next year. That was all very technical talk. Click on the mosaic for a larger view. There is some great detail that I love in a couple of the photos. See if you can see what I'm talking about.

Day 75
The frogs are coming out now that it's spring. I love frogs. He looks unhappy but he's not that's just his regular face. I think he actually enjoyed being photographed.

Rachael over at Frugal Mommy is doing a PIF. It's her first giveaway too! Go show her some love and get a chance to win something to boot. All you have to do in return is pay it forward. That's easy.
Share

3 comments:

Creative Coquette said...

WOW! You captured those tiny little dew drops, the images are beautiful!

Victoria Bennett Beyer said...

I love the images of your weeds - they are so much stronger all together for the full effect. Are they thistles?

Courtney Tucker said...

The "weed" is actually a Texas wildflower. I had to do what we called the "dreaded wildflower project" when I was in 7th or 8th grade (I am 27 now). The flower is the Texas Thisle and is part of the sunflower family. You can get more info at http://tinyurl.com/qbdqhb
Have to LOVE how those projects in school leave you with "useless" knowledge. LOL