Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I Love Ice Cream

I could eat ice cream every day of the week and never tire of it.


One of the best things about summer is homemade ice cream. Oh yeah! It makes my heart sing. Here is a recipe that husband came up with last summer and it's mighty tasty.

Super Yummy Ice Cream

2 cups white sugar
3 cups half and half
4 eggs beaten
2 cups heavy cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

In a sauce pan over medium to low heat, stir together the sugar and half and half. When the mixture begins to simmer, remove from the heat, and whisk half of the mixture into the eggs. Whisk quickly so you don't end up with scrambled eggs.
Pour the egg mixture back into the pan and stir in the heavy cream. Continue cooking over medium to low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Remove from heat, and whisk in vanilla.
Set aside to cool.

Poor the cooled mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze.

You can add flavors as you like or the vanilla is great on it's own.
Enjoy, Mmmmmm.
Share

3 comments:

Angela said...

I really can't think of a flavor that I don't love! Yay ice cream! I am going to try that recipe one day too!

Toothfairynotes said...

hmmm yummy, love ice cream too! never had home made though!


*loves*

SavingPrettyPennies said...

I love ice cream as well! Although if i try and make this ...I'm not sure if it'll turn out as great as it sounds! :]

For you Ice Cream Lovers....if you like Ben & Jerrys Ice Cream...feel free to view my blog for a printable coupon for a FREE ice cream cone.