Thursday, July 8, 2010

Strawberries Make Me Happy

I don't know what these strawberry thingies are called but they are pure yum. Hannah came home from a 4th of July party telling me of strawberries filled with cream cheese. Maybe I'm the last to hear about these, I don't know. So I did a little research and a little experimenting in the kitchen. Here is what I came up with......

You will need:

Strawberries
Cream cheese (I bought fat free)
Vanilla
Powdered sugar
Pecans, chopped (optional)

Mix together with your handy hand mixer:
Half of the cream cheese (4 oz)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
Mix, mix, mix.....
Then stir in pecans. I eye balled it but it looked to be about 1/4 cup. Depending on your like for pecans. I happen to love them.

Put it all in a zip lock bag and cut off the tip. Whaaa laaa, a pastry bag. Set that aside and cut an X in the bottom of your clean strawberries. Now just squish your strawberry open a bit and fill it with your cream cheese filling.

You have just made yourself a serious summer treat my friends. The cream cheese filling would make a good fruit dip for any fruit really.
Enjoy.

Share

3 comments:

A Scrappy Design said...

Yum! I wonder if you could do the same thing with some sort of chocolate filling. Mmmmmmm.

Jingle said...

That sounds awesome!

Creative Coquette said...

O
My
Gawd
!!!

That looks scrumptious!...and easy enough for me to try :P