Thursday, August 19, 2010

I Heart One Skillet Meals

The title says it all.
I am all for simplified cooking. Not because I don't have the time to cook, I just plain don't like it. Anything that calls for one skillet is the recipe for me.

Skillet Tacos

1 lb. of ground beef
1 small onion
1 can/bag of corn
10 corn tortillas
1 8oz. jar of taco sauce or salsa
1 1/4 cups of shredded cheddar cheese

Brown your ground beef and minced onion
Drain if needed
Add corn, taco sauce/salsa, and 1 cup of cheese.
Here if I feel my sauce isn't saucy enough I add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water.
Warm through then stir in quartered tortillas.
Top off with remaining cheese.

Serve with your favorite taco stuffs.
Sour cream
Guacamole
Onion
Salsa
More cheese!

Kinda hamburger helpery but with out all those ingredients you can't pronounce.

On another note.....
We met the teacher today and explored the new classroom. We are looking forward to a great year in the first grade. I do believe I'm going to like Mrs. F.
Share

1 comment:

groovyinclinations said...

This is new to me, but I'd like to try it. Can you tell me if do you let the tortillas cook and cheese melt in the skillet a while before eating? Do you just serve some up on a plate and eat or pile it on shredded lettuce and some chips and eat like taco salad? What do you prefer?
Thanks so much,
mwilson@blackfoot.net