Friday, August 13, 2010

Toothbrush Bracelet "How To"

Yesterday we made bracelets.

You will need:

Cheap toothbrushes
Pliers
Large pot or pan
Water
Tongs
Oven gloves


First you get to destroy your toothbrush by pulling out the bristles with your pliers. Older kids could do this easily, I did it myself for my kiddies.

Fill your pot/pan with enough water to cover your now bristle-less brushes. Get it good and boiling and drop them in.

Boil for 5 minutes.

Using your tongs take them out one at a time. While wearing your oven gloves shape your now wobbly toothbrush to a circle or oval shape.

Once you get a shape you are happy with a little shot of cool water will set your bracelet.

If you need to reshape just dip it back into your boiling water again.

Bracelets!

Your kids will be a little cooler and maybe it will remind them to actually brush their teeth.


Share

7 comments:

Tess said...

This is positively brilliant. What a great way to recycle. And they look so pretty on the wrist.

The LadyBugs Garden said...

I love it. We can even do this with kid tooth brushes that have barbies, hello kittie or cars etc on them..such a good idea!

AnniKae said...

Fun, Fun, Fun! I'm gonna have to do this project soon!

Home-Mom.com said...

found you on totally tutorials ;)

I remember making these as a kid, thanks for the reminder!

~Beth D. said...

awesomeness! thanks for sharing!

Nikki said...

No way! These were all the rage when I was in junior high. How fun! I'll have to make some for my boys.

sallgood said...

My grand girls will love these! Thanks for sharing! :D