Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Chalk Board Love

I have a love of chalk board for some unknown reason.

While thrifting today I found this lovely piece of art that I picked up. Picked up for the frame, not the art printed on cardboard.

Then I tore it apart.

I primed the glass with Krylon Fusion paint that says it will adhere to glass. I wanted to use the glass instead of throw away. Then applied several coats of red chalkboard paint.

Applied the paint with a foam brush in a back and forth pattern. Going for non-perfect.
Once all dry I put it back in my sweet frame with a few small nails.

Then wrote some inspirational words. With only a few flubs from a kid bumping my elbow.

Cost of the art: $2
Chalk board paint, primer & foam brush: I had on hand




Jennifer said...

FUN idea!! I just made some chalk boards for my girls!! LOVE these!! (=

Your Frugal Friend, Niki said...

Cute cute cute! And the saying is fab.

I am lovin' your blog! Come by and visit sometime over at Free 2 Be Frugal.

Creative Ambitions said...

Love the red!

Kathy said...

The saying is too funny :-) Love the red chalkboard paint

Sandy@Life Began In A Garden said...

I find myself picking up frames whenever I see them at yard sales,GW, wherever, they come in so handy.Love your red chalkboard!

Renee @ where the grass is greener said...

Great suggestion on the primer! I plan do try this on an old mirror.

Kelli @ RTSM said...

I love this! I had no idea they made red chalkboard paint!! I've only ever seen black!