Saturday, September 25, 2010

Cookie Dough Pie

When it comes to food, simple and sweet are my two favorite descriptive words. I came across this recipe in blogland via Big Red Kitchen and had to try it myself.

You will need:
Chips Ahoy Cookies, 1 package
Milk, about 1 cup
Cool Whip, 12oz(the big tub-o-fluff)

Most of the recipes I came across said to use a 9" pie plate. I say, Pfft. I brought out the 9x13 baking dish.

You will be dipping your cookies in milk. I used a bowl for this. Quick dip each cookie in the milk, shake off excess milk, place in dish. Once you have a layer of milky cookies spread a thin layer of Cool Whip, about half the container.

Do it again, so you have two layers of cookie and Cool Whip.

I topped with nuts and placed in the fridge for about 2 hours.
My super friend K and I tried it then. Hi K! I didn't tell her what was in it until she tried but I did mention cookie dough. She thought it tasted like cookie dough. I thought it tasted like cookies and cool whip! Then we both had seconds.

After being in the fridge all night it achieved more of a cookie dough like taste. Yes, I had a bowl full this morning with my coffee.

Here are my 2 cents:
It's super easy.
It would be great for a spur of the moment dessert.
It would be very easy to add your own twist. I'm thinking a layer of pudding!
Top with just about anything. Chocolate, caramel, crumbled cookies, sprinkles and so on.....



1 comment:

Terry said...

OMG - yummy! I'm your newest follower...can't wait to try out your recipe!