Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Good Old Days

This past weekend I went back to my home town and spent a girls weekend with my Grandma. I had not stayed a night at her house in years. We talked and talked some more between her trying to feed me every 15 minutes.
I'm still smiling from those two days spent with her.

We looked through old albums. She had me take photos that I wanted. The project ahead of me is getting copies of those and the info that goes with them together for my brother. Any great ideas from anyone that has done this before?
That is Grandma on the right end there, with her mother, brothers, and sisters.

This is my Great Grandma there in the back center, Mary Jane, with her siblings. Photo was taken in 1902

These are my Great Grandparents. May Jane, again, and Marcellous. He went by MC, Hmmmm I wonder why! The best part is the note on the back of the photo explaining that she took his hat from him because it was shading his face.

I love old photos and could not resist posting just a few.
My Grandma is not well, she says she wants to know where her things are going, it makes her happy. She sent me home with photos, a chair, a table, several other things that were important to her. I feel honored.

Here is the table that belonged to her mother since the 30's and the chair that has been in her house since the 60's. Now in my house, they make me smile.
Share

No comments: