Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Paint ChipTransformation

I wrapped up this little project yesterday
My inspiration came from here.

They now hang in the playroom.
I knew that was where they would land so I chose more primary colors when lifting my paint chips. Wink.

I started at the thrift store of course. I found this trio.

Paint chips all around.

I sanded the frames then spray painted a satin cream color.
Sanded and distressed that.
Then went to cutting my paint chips into squares. I used my straight edge cutter thingy to cut approximately one inch squares. There isn't much that I do precisely. I eyeball most things.
Using Mod Podge I glued my squares inside the frame right over the print. I wanted wonky spaces between the squares so I just slapped them on.
One more layer of Mod Podge.
Once dry I used a dark stain to wipe over the squares. The stain was caught by all the cracks and brush strokes in the Mod Podge, they look fabulously shabby.

Here are all three.

Anyone interested in free(yes, I said free) advertising please click on the "your ad here" button in the top left.

Linking to.......

Today's Creative Blog

Get your craft on Thurs.



Kelley said...

very cute!

Melissa said...

too cute - love this!


Jingle said...

These look seriously awesome!

Sarah @ threeboys-home.blogspot.com said...

Great Idea. I will have to keep this in mind when I finally get around to decorating the playroom!

Jennifer Juniper said...

I L.O.V.E. this in the frames! Great decoration for the playroom!

Lori said...

I did something like this in my daughter's room.

Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday at Life As Lori!

Kathy said...

Love those paint chips!
Great idea...
Blogland is such a source of inspiration.
Loved my visit here...
have a wonderful week.
xoxo~Kathy @
Sweet Up-North Mornings...

DANA said...

That's great! I would love for you to come link this up at my Strut Your Stuff Party, and enter the giveaway as well!