Saturday, October 9, 2010

Pumpkin Cupcakes!

I don't like pumpkin pie but I'll take pumpkin cupcakes any day.
We made these treats Friday afternoon.

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes

1 spice cake mix
3 eggs
1 cup of pumpkin
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 small package of instant vanilla pudding
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients, beat on medium speed with an electric mixer until nice and smooth.
Fill your baking cups about half full.
Bake for 18-19 minutes.

Cream Cheese Icing
6 ounces softened cream cheese
1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 cups powdered sugar

Mix together your softened cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and salt with your mixer. Gradually add in your powdered sugar until it reaches a desired consistency. I ended up only using 4 cups.

Let your helper lick the beater.
Ahhhhh, my grandma always let us lick the beater.
Good times......

Ice your cupcakes once they are completely cool.
Store in the fridge due to the icing.

My two cents:
With the pumpkin and pudding both it makes for a yummy consistency.
They were super yummy right out of the oven sans icing.

Join  us Saturdays at for the weekend wrap   up           party!
Funky Junk's Sat Nite SpecialPhotobucket




Leslie said...

Yum...sounds delicious. I will definitely be making those soon! Thanks for sharing!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Hello! These sound amazing and are so cute! TFS! I'll be featuring these today! Stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Thanks so much for linking to The Sunday Showcase - I greatly appreciate it! Hope you had a wonderful weekend! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Jodi said...

These look very good, I am going to try them! Cute Blog, found you at Stephanie Lynn's.

smilemonsters said...

Thanks Stephanie Lynn! I love Under the Table and Dreaming, one of my favorite places to cruise. =^)


Renee said...

Had to check these out when Stela posted on her blog that you had a pumkin cupcake recipe! Yummm! Going to have to try out the recipe for sure!

Olivia @ Swan White Curtain said...

These look delicious! I'm going to make them for a party Saturday. How many does this recipe yield?

smilemonsters said...

Olivia, it made about as many cupcakes as a regular box mix 20-24.

I hope you love them!