Friday, October 22, 2010

Rosy Ring

I have been admiring felt roses all over blogland.
So yesterday I made this....
A super easy, sweet rosy ring.

I started with a circle, not a perfect one.

1. Cut it in a spiral.
2. Singed the outer edge. The wind resistant lighters are very cool, kind of like a little blow torch.(I held the felt with tongs because I'm a fraidy-cat.)
3. Rolled up the felt spiral with a little dot of glue every so often.
4. Messed with it a little to get some curled petals so it would look more rosy.
5. Once happy with it, I glued it to a ring blank.


I like the singed edges.
Some fall colors will be my next project.
Hmmmmmmm, what else can I stick felt roses on?

This rosy ring post was update with much much better photos on 7/20/2011.  Same ring, better photos. 
Share

15 comments:

Jingle said...

I love this! The singed edges are fabulous!

Whimsical Creations said...

Very pretty!

Silvia said...

Very Pretty, Very clever Idea. Make a matching Choker or a small Christmas decoration...sorry brain is in Christmas mode already

The Answer Is Chocolate said...

This is lovely! I hadn't thought of singing felt. I've done it w/ organza but learn something new every day!

Tuesdee said...

Love this! Love how you singed the felt! I'm going to have to try this!! Thanks for sharing!

Tuesdee from www.everydayisacraftingday.com

Jennifer @ Muse Lodge said...

So pretty...and it looks so realistic! :)

Olivia Renn said...

So cute! I think I'm going to have to make one of those for myself!

Thanks for linking up at Olivia Renn.

Heather said...

Perfect for a little girl. My daughter would love this.

Tauni said...

This ring is absolutely darling! I will have to try making one myself :)

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

It's so pretty! Thanks for the how-to, I'll be linking.

Kelly@ said...

Love this! I'm going to make these as stocking stuffers!

Emily said...

I like the singed edges too.

HJC Editor said...

Your tutorial is an awesome inspiration! Many thanks for sharing. I would like to feature your designs at http://www.handmade-jewelry-club.com/

Contact me here if you have a concern.

Jane
http://diylessons.org/

southern fairy said...

love these, just whipped one up in pink as a tester think i need more felt and ring blanks now tho as i want one in every colour imaginable!

Blanka said...

Amazing tutorial!
Love your blog.