Friday, October 15, 2010

We Boo'd

Last night we BOO'd!

We did homemade goodies this year.

Pop Corn Balls

3/4 cup corn syrup
1/4 cup butter or margarine
2 teaspoons cold water
2 5/8 cups of powdered sugar
1 cup marshmallows
5 quarts of plain popped popcorn

In a sauce pan over medium heat combine all the ingredients.
Heat and stir until the mixture comes to a boil.
Carefully pour over your popped popcorn and stir well.
Form balls with your hands.

Be sure to cover your hands with cooking spray to prevent lots of sticking to your hands.
This is a sticky popcorn ball that stays somewhat soft.
Yummy!

Chocolate covered pretzels.

We did haystacks too. I didn't get a photo of those. We used white chocolate that we oranged with food coloring.

Here is a BOO bag ready to go.
I took a brown paper grocery bag. Sprayed with flat black spray paint. Stamped BOO and flecked with white acrylic paint. Whaaa laaaaa.
I had all those items on hand, so that part cost me nada.

View of the back.

I punched holes through the sack and the BOO poem. Strung a ribbon through the holes and tied a bow.

My neighbors will think I'm incredibly cheap or a crafting genius!
The photos aren't the best, darkness was right around the corner and we were in a hurry!
My big girl helped with making the goodies, and drove the get away car.

Go HERE for the poem and go do some Booing of your own.
Share

3 comments:

LeelaBijou said...

They look yummy! And what a cool bag! :)

Silvia said...

Oh I sooooooo want a prezel!!!!

Jingle said...

Those are some super yummy looking Boo! treats!!!