Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Beer Bread

I hope you aren't getting tired of recipes! It's that time of year though, right? My husband came up with this one, I can not take the credit. This is so simple I can't stand it. No kneading, no rising, no punching down, just mix and bake.

Beer Bread

3 cups of self rising flour
1 12oz bottle/can of beer
1/3 cup sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix together sugar and flour.

Add beer and mix, first with a wooden spoon then just get your hands in there.

Pour into a well greased 9x5" loaf pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.

Let rest for 20 minutes or so before you slice and fall in love with this bread.

It will be crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside. I do take about 2 tablespoons of butter and rub on the crust as soon as it comes out of the oven.

I think I'll try wheat flour one of these days. Experimenting with beer types and brands would be fun too.

I want you all to have a great holiday with your families. I will be scarce the rest of the week due to the house full of peeps I will be playing hostess to.


Share

1 comment:

Haverford House said...

This is great! I've always bought the mixes from T.S. this looks very easy to make. Tell your hubby thanks for this recipe! ~Marcy