Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Cookie Anyone?

Maple Buttercream Cookies



* 2 and ¾ cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* ¼ teaspoon salt
* 1 cup (2 sticks), softened
* 1 and ½ cups, plus 2 tablespoons sugar
* 2 large eggs
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder.

3. In a separate bowl combine butter and 1 and ½ cups sugar. Add in the eggs and mix. Then, add in the flour mixture.

4. In a small bowl, stir together the last 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon.

5. Drop small spoon fulls on to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle the top of each cookie with a pinch of the cinnamon sugar mixture.

6. Bake for 10 minutes, cookie will not be brown but trust me, it's done.



Maple Buttercream Frosting

* 1 stick butter, softened
* 1/8 cup plus one tablespoon milk
* 2 and ½ cups confectioner’s sugar
* ½ teaspoon vanilla
* 1 tablespoon real maple syrup

Preparation:

1. Place softened butter in bowl and add confectioner’s sugar.

2. Mix well, and then add the milk, vanilla, and maple syrup. Mix until smooth.

Once the cookies are cool. Smear a little icing on the bottom side then smoosh another cookie on making a cookie/icing sandwich.

I found this recipe via Amazing Moms.

My two cents:

They are pretty tasty.
The cookie taste like a snickerdoodle to me.
The icing needs more maple flavor in my opinion. Next time I would add a little maple extract.
They were very easy to make from ingredients that are generally on hand.
I would certainly make them again.

These will be pretty good with my coffee in the morning!

handmade projects
Share

2 comments:

Dani @ Just Drops in the Bucket said...

I'm so happy you stopped by to leave a comment on my silly little pot covers and you led me right to your rockin' blog!

-dani

Jasey said...

Have I told you am I dying to try these?

Happy Day,
Jasey