Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Coffee Filter Wreath

Everyone is doing it......

So can I.

I started with a regular ol grapevine wreath and many, many white coffee filters.
I did soak my coffee filters with some dark left over coffee.
Dried them in the oven on the lowest setting. Checking them often. Taking out the dry ones on top and rearranging them for most effective drying. It smelled like a sweet little coffee shop in here for about 30 minutes till it started to smell like a burnt coffee shop.

Went to work with my glue gun.
I folded them in half, then again, then again the opposite direction. Ending up with a half circle zig zag of sorts.

Folded over the end(the pointy part) and went to gluing. I kept gluing until I was satisfied.
She's hanging outside in these photos because I gave her a spray of sealer. I wanted a little added stiffness and sheen.

Now moved in the house and comfortable in her new home.

handmade projectsXmas button

Share

8 comments:

Jenna said...

Awesome!! How long did you soak them? Did you have to soak a lil at a time or did you just throw them all in at once? And you said, a LOT of filters...like how many?

I wanna try this craft!! Sooo cute!!

smilemonsters said...

Jenna - about 180 - 200 filters. I poured my left over coffee over the filters in a big bowl. Let them sit for 20 minutes or so. They soaked up all the coffee so I put them right in the oven for drying. Spread them out over a cookie sheet. Have fun!!

Silvia said...

Totally fabulous...

Liz said...

Love it! Can't wait to make mine!

Wendy said...

Even if everyone is doing it... yours turned out FABULOUS!!! :)

Jenna said...

I linked this blog post on my blog!! I just LOVE this project!!

http://simplyjenna.blogspot.com/2010/11/oh-so-pretty.html

Jami said...

This is so cute! I love it on your walls too. Perfect.
One of these days I am going to make on of these. :)

Nichelle @ Vintage Wanna Bee said...

I LOVE IT!!!

I would love if you would link it up at my little talent tuesday party at

http://vintagewannabee.blogspot.com/

mucho love!
nichelle