Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Reusable Gift Tags


Super simple two sided gift tags.

Grungy snowman on one side and red chalkboard on the other.

I started with 2" wooden discs that you can find at any craft store.
Drilled a hole in the top.
Painted one side with my red chalk board paint and the other with white paint.
Painted on snowman faces not being particularly picky, I knew I would grunge them up.
Once dry, I sanded and scuffed up their little faces, wiped on brown paint thinned with a little water, spattered with black paint.

Some jute through the hole.


I did lightly splatter my chalk board side with white paint.

Now it's just as cute on one side......

as the other.

Not only are they getting a lovely gift from you but a reusable tag too!


NightOwlCraftingHookingupwithHoHXmas button


Share

18 comments:

DANA said...

That is awesome! I would love for you to come link up at the Strut your Stuff Party!
http://danajeanward.blogspot.com/2010/11/strut-your-stuff-link-party-and.html

Aleah @ HeyBaklenko.com said...

Love this idea! You're so creative - I never would've thought of this, but I just thought I needed to come up with tags for cookie boxes for the holiday season. Thanks for the info!

Terry said...

Super cute project! What a great thing to add to a gift!

she wears flowers said...

What an adorable idea! I love it!!

Stuff by Ash said...

These are so cute! I wouldn't be able to give them away. Thanks for sharing, found at House of Hepworths link party

Deanna said...

I made something similar using metal frozen juice can lids. A Crop-a-dile punches through them like buttah!

Oh Sew Addicted said...

Awesome and creative project. Just love it!!!
carla louise
www.ohsewaddicted.com

Lisa said...

OMG, too cute! I love that they are reusable!

Macey at Olivia Renn said...

So Cute! Such a great idea, Thanks for linking up at Olivia Renn!

Jami said...

I love how rustic these look. The splattered paint is a favorite for me. Great job and thanks for linking up with me again! :)

Aiming4Simple said...

I love that these tags are reusable! All the effort can be appreciated again and again that way.

Lisa said...

what a cute idea. these would be adorable to leave messages on, too - especially if you have an elf in your house!! i need some of these! thanks for the idea!!

Corey said...

Awesome Idea! I wish I found this a week ago before I made all my tags.

Terri said...

These are great! Can't wait to get started on them. I'm linking them to my new blog. Thank you!

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

What a great idea. I love the wooden tag instead of paper. Cute painted snowman.

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

These are adorable and I love the chalkboard side too! Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase - I greatly appreciate it. I have featured this today - stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Hope you have a fabulous week ~ Stephanie Lynn

kimmykats said...

What a fun idea and such a "green" idea because you can reuse them!! Thanks for the tutorial.

greenbean said...

these are beyond adorable!....