Saturday, November 6, 2010

Turkey Treat Bag

Cruising the web I saw a few photos of gift bags turned turkey.
I had to give it a try.

Isn't he cute?

I started with this bag template. I did leave my cut out a little taller than the template. I wanted plenty of extra to fold over. This template can be enlarged or reduced in size.
Fold along the dotted lines and glue together. Easy.

The boys always take a quick survey of what I'm doing. Then drag out their art supplies and get to work. This is what is around my feet.

A turkey?

My bag is ready to be turned into a turkey. I free handed a wing and feathers. I cut out 2 wings and four feathers. I scuffed up the edges of all my cut outs with my brown ink pad.

Cut a triangle for the beak and circles for the eyes. A dot of white paint to complete the eyes. Glue on then fold over the top of your bag.
He's looking turkey-ish now.

Glue on his wings and feathers.

Now that this one is complete I think next time I'll make the bag a solid color and the feathers out of a printed paper.

I also realize now that he's missing a wattle. That red ugly part that should be just under his beak. Oh well!

I think my little turkey turned out pretty cute. Especially since that is what I was going for. If I had to do more than a few though I think I would go with a pre-made bag. Brown paper sack, I'm thinking.

He's ready to be stuffed with a super turkey type surprise.


Here is the boy's version. He looks a little weary.

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend   wrap    up           party! UndertheTableandDreaming
Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special


Share

14 comments:

Jasey said...

Seems like I have been bouncing around your fun place a lot lately! Fun ideas!

Happy Day,
Jasey @ Crazy Daisy

Liz Taylor said...

That is so cute! My little guy would rip it to shreds probably, but I will bookmark these for next year! Found you on Tatertots and Jello.
Liz
projectnaptime.blogspot.com

Chris said...

This is darling. I will have to make some with my preschooler this week!

Lorie said...

Cute!!

the cape on the corner said...

so cute! stopping by from stephanie lynn's party.

www.thecapeonthecorner.blogspot.com

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

This is so, so cute!! I love it!

Cierra Larsen said...

Thanks for the fun idea! Im your newest follower! Follow me at http://craftycierra.blogspot.com and enter my giveaway! Let me know if your interested in doing a blogswap! Thanks!

/Cierra

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

That is so cute, and I love that your boys got in on the action :)

Hanna said...

HI there! I am your newest follower! I found you on the crafty link up! I love finding new blogs and yours is lovely!! I'm at www.bouffeebambini.blgospot.com

This is absolutely adorable. I LOVE it! thanks for sharing

Jami said...

Both versions are cute. I love crafts that my kids can participate in!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Super Cute Jo! I like your little guys version too! I featured this today - stop by and grab a featured button if you like! Thanks so much for linking to The Sunday Showcase - I greatly appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Erin said...

That is too flippin' cute!!! :)

DANA said...

That is awesome! I would love for you to come link up at my Strut Your Stuff Linky Party!
http://danajeanward.blogspot.com/2010/11/strut-your-stuff-party.html

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I really love these ideas!

Please link it up to my Thanksgiving link up!http://www.jdaniel4smom.com/2011/11/thanksgiving-traditions-link-up.html