Thursday, December 23, 2010

Chalk Holder

This is part of a very short hallway between our garage door entry and laundry room door.

1. There is the table that I love, made from a sewing machine base from Grandma's basement and a top that my brother made from cedar he milled with his own two hands.
2. Another chalk board that I made from a Good Will piece of art using these steps. Pardon the current art.
3. Some other random objects including a photo of little one.

What I'm proud of is this......

Yeah, that is a drawer pull placed upside down to be used as a chalk holder. I don't know if anyone will find it as exciting as I do but I love it. I did see it done somewhere, but of course, can't recall where. I marched myself to Lowe's and bought a 3 dollar drawer pull today. When I got home I glued it on with old fashioned super glue.



Making

Share

9 comments:

SM said...

Oh my gosh...I have a table made from the base of an old sewing table JUST like that!! If I remember, I`m going to post a pic of it tomorrow and link back to you! ;)

Facing50Blog.com said...

Hi! I've hopped from the Midweek Mingle hop...yes I’m a bit late...put it down to bad weather conditions here :) I have added myself as your newest follower/admirer - anyone who can be this crafty and practical has to be worth a follow...I'm lethal with a tube of glue and so uncrafty it is untrue.
Please drop by and maybe follow me if you fancy a laugh. I'd be delighted to welcome you.
Friendly and festive wishes from a very snowy and cold UK
Carol from www.facing50withhumour.blogspot.com – the blog that gives you laughter lines. (Has that put you off?)

Beth Adams said...

What a great idea for the chalk! It sure does keep it in a handy spot & it will not roll off. Kudos for this. I would love for you to stop by Wiccan Make Some Too's Wickedly Crafty Saturdays & share this! http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/2010/12/wickedly-crafty-saturdays-5.html

{northern cottage} said...

what a smarty pants you are! Genius!

www.northerncottage.blogspot.com

Katie @ Hippos and Dinosaurs said...

Ha!! That's pure genius!! Good thinking!

feltsocute said...

LOVE this idea! Very clever and worth showing off! :)

Lori@Paisley Passions said...

GREAT idea!!! Thanks for linking up and sharing on Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions. Hope you stop by again soon :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! What a wonderful solution. Thanks for posting and solving one more worry in my life.

Emily said...

I love using things differently than originally intended! Makes me think of a little mini "wall pocket" and places I might use this idea!