Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Glitter Ornaments

These were so fun it's a good thing I ran out of glitter.

You will need:
Floor wax
Fine glitter
Clear glass ornaments
I totally copy catted this from Greenbean's Crafterole!

Who would have thunk it.

1. Squirt some wax into your ornament and swish it around, coating the entire inside.
2. Dump out the wax and let the excess drain out by letting them stand upside down. I gave it just a few minutes.
3. Dump in some glitter, using a funnel if needed. Swish the glitter around coating the entire inside of the ornament.

This is my favorite one. I happened to have everything I needed on hand so I used whatever glitter I had. Next time, red and white swirled glitter will look so fab!

I let them dry overnight.

Here I let the kids put their hand prints on and turn their prints into snowmen. This idea is all over blog land.

Little snowmen with big eyes.

I'll be linking here.....

 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/My Craftie Life


and HERE.
Share

16 comments:

Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage said...

I am going home to do this now... :)

Donnie said...

What a cute craft. Love that idea. Have a very Merry Christmas.

Stacy said...

Floor wax??? Wow! I was just trying to think the other day how to get glitter to stick to the inside of clear bulbs. I am not kidding. The best idea I could come up with was spray adhesive. So thanks for linking up!

Lil' Momma @ Five in Training for HIM said...

Great idea! We used the snowman finger prints a different way, stop by my blog and check them out. Love the glitter!

Melissa said...

Those turned out fabulous! Great job! Thanks so much for sharing over at Tuesday Tell All.

Jenny said...

So pretty! My daughter made some like this the other day, but it was more kid friendly. I poured glitter paint in a plastic clear ornament and then she rolled it around.

It took forever to dry though, LOL!

Jennifer Dawn said...

Thanks for stopping by earlier. I never would have thought to use floor wax--very inventive. I use Elmer's spray adhesive. I may have to try it this way and see which way works best.

Corinna said...

These are gorgeous! They seriously look like something you'd buy in a store. Love them!

greenbean said...

omg...these turned out great!...and i freaking love the blue and silver one!....i haven't been brave enough to mix!...

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

Congratulations! You've been featured at this weeks Hookin Up with HoH #30!

Stop by and grab a button if you'd like! :)

~Allison @ House of Hepworths

Dacia said...

love this idea!

Tami said...

Gorgeous colors. I love them!

My daughter's 1st grade class made the snowmen ornaments last year. I fell in love with them, too. How precious!

Paula said...

Great idea! I am definitely going to try this!

Melanie @ Addicted to Homes said...

Wow, what a great idea! I love glitter ornaments, but these are especially great because they are not going to shed glitter since its on the inside! I'm definitely bookmarking this!

cookievf said...

Making ornaments is always a BLAST.. just hadda say how much I love your handprint/snowmen!!!!!
- vicki xo

cookievf said...

Sharing,
u can see one of the ornaments i made this year on my 1-16-11 post!