Friday, December 10, 2010

Jute Wrapped Bottle

My brother-in-law brought this bottle of wine for Thanksgiving. It was a tall skinny bottle so of course I kept it. Just in case it came in handy for a craft.


I had the bright idea to wrap it in jute today. My favorite kind of craft endeavors are unplanned. The kind that just come to me. The kind that I just hop up and do because I have everything on hand.


After peeling off the label I began wrapping at the bottom of the bottle. Putting a dot of hot glue every 4-5th wrap around the bottle. Making sure it was squished down with not much bottle showing through. All the way to the top.

Then......

My hubs brought me a piece of rusted barn tin about a month ago. Isn't he sweet?

With my handy tin snips I cut a stretched star from that rusty tin. The tin had nail holes in it so I positioned my star just so there was a hole at the top. I tied my star around the neck of the bottle with a little more jute.

And there she is. Click on the photo for more detail.

I'll be on the look out for more cool shaped bottles so this one isn't lonely.



Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up    party!Photobucket



Share

8 comments:

Catalina Calderon said...

Hi there! glad to find your blog through Etsy.
will follow.

House Revivals said...

This is so cute! So simple and sweet. I've always been a little afraid of trying to cut metal....

Crystal said...

wow what a great idea! thanks for sharing :)

Dacia said...

Thanks for the blog visit and sweet comment :) Love this wrapped bottle that you made. It's so beautiful!

Sarah@sweetpeaandjojo.blogspot.com said...

Cute! I just added a bit of jute to some spray painted beer cans. Love the look!

To Sew With Love said...

Wow! I so love this!

ChristineLewis said...

This is great. I started following your blog a few weeks ago and I am amazed by every post! I made my own jute wrapped bottle today. It looks pretty good, but I had a hard time wrapping where the bottle slops. Any tips??

Beth@Wiccan Make Some Too said...

Thanks for linking this up to Wickedly Crafty Saturdays! It has such a country style to it. Don't forget to pop by again today for Wickedly Crafty Saturdays #5!
http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/2010/12/wickedly-crafty-saturdays-5.html