Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Mmmmm Cookies

This afternoon I got one of these calls....

"Hi, honey. I forgot to tell you but we need something homemade to take to Cub Scouts tonight."

The good old chocolate chip cookie to the rescue. I used up the last 2 sticks of butter and 2 eggs in the house but the scouts will be pleased.

If you do not have a cookie scoop, you should. I don't make a lot of cookies but a scoop makes it easy and fun. This one is Oneida's small cookie scoop. Look close you can see me in the reflection of the scoop. Hee hee.

Look at those perfect scoops of doughy goodness!

I use the good old Toll House recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag. The only change I make is decrease the granulated sugar to 1/2 cup and increase the brown sugar to 1 cup.

The theory is you get a softer cookie because brown sugar has a higher moisture content.

375 degrees for 9 minutes.

As Christmas gets closer I'll be crafting a little less and cooking a little more. I hope I don't bore you.
Share

No comments: