Wednesday, December 8, 2010

More Decorating

I get tons of inspiration browsing blogs.
That is why I'm sharing my holiday decorating with you.

This is my mantle.
Fake greenery with gold rattan balls, a few pine cones, and battery operated lights. I'm loving these lights. They have a built in timer, on 8 hours, off for 16. I don't have to touch them or see the cord trailing to the plug in.

Stockings that I bought last year at a craft show. I'm not sew friendly and they were a price I could not resist.

Here I filled a vase I had on hand with ornaments. The little ones were in the dollar isle at Target. The red and white ones were bought a couple years ago after the season at 70% off. They are all the shatter proof ornaments that I think are the best thing ever.

Fake greenery is the best. I have had this one for years.

I had all of this on hand.
A basket, lights, a mix of glass and shatter proof ornaments.

The only things I purchased this year to decorate with:
Tree
Battery operated lights
Tiny ornaments for $1

I'm a firm believer in shopping after the holiday. You can't beat the 70% off that everything gets marked down to.

holiday open house button

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


Share

6 comments:

Beth @ Wiccan Make Some Too said...

Your mantle looks terrific! (sigh) I miss my fireplace this time of year

1Ne PRouD MaMa said...

I am seriously Oooooing and Awwwing over your decorations! I love them!!!! Can you come visit my place and help me decorate? ;)

Allison said...

Everything is beautiful!
Thanks so much for linking up to my Holiday Open House! :)

Funky Junk Interiors said...

What a fabulous fireplace! That rustic beam is to die for. Love how you have it all decked out, that star really drew me in.

Donna
http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Love how fireplace is decorated- that huge star is so neat and loving the battery operated lights!! YES! I need some of those on a timer!! Perfect! Stopping by from Funky Junks.

Jen said...

Love the rusticness of this!
Very pretty!