Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Plastic Ware Keeper

We bought some of these.....

for part of a gift basket we put together last week. I was left with the sweet little bottle carrier. I had to put it to good use, of course.

I cut a sturdy piece of cardboard to place in the bottom to add stability. I slid it into the bottom and secured with hot glue. Also, held in place with hot glue are the bottoms of plastic cups in the four corners of the drink carrier. I cut down four plastic cups to about an inch tall. That way the plastic forks and such will stay in their little compartment. I left the middle open for napkins.

Ta daaaaa

We are campers. Cheating campers, since we have a travel trailer with a full bathroom! The plastic ware keeper is a perfect fit for the trailer and camping trips.

CreativeShareWednesdays http://www.thethriftyhome.comShow and Tell Green


Shannon said...

Love it! I'm a wannabe camper, so you still are one up on me. :)

Krafty Kat said...

Cute idea! I could even see finding an old wooden coke bottle crate and doing this with your real silverware!

Jenn Erickson said...

Classic and very clever! Visiting by way of the linky at Trendy Treehouse. Happy New Year! Jenn

June@I will craft said...

Great idea for organizing and transportng silverware for camping. They will look great on picnic tables.

1Ne PRouD MaMa said...

Happy New Year!
Just wanted to stop by and let you know I nominated you for The Stylish Blogger Award.

Skye said...
Following your blog! Please follow back!
If you could follow me on Facebook, that would be awesome too!!
Thanks for your time!

BonAndChi said...

nice idea~ X3

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!

I would be honored to have you add it to my blog party

Amaze Me Monday Blog Party

The Tootsie Wootsie said...

I really enjoyed this! Oh and want to have a nice cold drink of coca cola!!!

Come share this at my crafty mondays linky party!!!

I also have a $15 giveaway going on too!

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

Thanks for being a part of "Amaze Me Monday".

~Dittle Dattle

Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage said...

Lovely!! :)

Spunky Junky said...

So simple and easy! It reminds me of something that should be in a burger shop! awesome ;O

spunky junky

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

Now THAT is inspired! What a wonderful idea ... I love it and now I feel like I need to go buy a pack of bottled Coke so I can do it, too! :)