Friday, December 17, 2010

Pretzels & Dark Chocolate

Dark chocolate is the only way to go in my opinion.

We made some of these crazy easy treats today. Big girl came up with this a couple of years ago. I'm sure she saw it somewhere. She does them in the microwave but you can do many more at a time in the oven.


Dark chocolate kisses.

Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
Preheat oven to 175 degrees.
Top pretzels with kisses.
Warm your pretzels and kisses for about 4 minutes in the oven. They will look shiny.
Smoosh another pretzel on top of the melty kiss.
Place in the fridge to cool off and then slide right off the parchment paper.

Eat a few. Give the rest away.

The last batch I pulled out of the oven about half way through and placed a baby marshmallow. Returned to the oven for the remainder of the time. Then smooshed on the top pretzel. How much better can it get than pretzel + dark chocolate + marshmallow?!

On a side note....
I attended two holiday parties today. One for a preschooler for which I am the elected room mom. The other for my first grader. I just want to let you know that if you are a teacher, I love you. I really really do. Thank goodness you have taken on the task of teaching our children. There is no way I could handle it.
I love you!




Karen the Suburbanite said...

I must be hungry because this looks soooo good. you should post it on my linky party!

Karen the Suburbanite said...

Thanks for linking up. Hope to see you next tuesday! @