Sunday, December 5, 2010

Teacher's Gift Tags

Reusable tags for the kiddo's teachers!

I started with oval wood shapes I found at the craft store for less than 80 cents each.

I did sand them a little but overall they were smooth to start with.
A quick shot of cream colored spray paint.
Sanded again and distressed with a little brown paint.

I printed(in this font) the name on some purdy paper that I already had and traced the oval shape. Then distressed the edges of the paper with brown paint once I cut it out. I did cut the oval smaller since I wanted the edges of the wood to show.

Mod Podged the paper the the wooden oval, 3-4 thin coats. Once happy with that, I sprayed a matte sealer over the whole thing.
Now.......
I drilled holes at the top that I just eyeballed.
See that tiny little hole?

I used wire that I had on hand. Twisting it into a cute little spiral once I poked it through the holes. I added a sweet little charm with a dragon fly and red bead.

All done.
I'll make these for all the teachers to attach to their gifts and then reuse as they wish. The best part is I had all the goods on hand except the wooden ovals!

I'll be sharing with THESE super blogs.

Visit thecsiproject.com
Share

4 comments:

Beth @ Wiccan Make Some Too said...

Such a wickedly adorable idea. If I was a teacher I would want one of those for sure. So nice & personal. I would love for you to stop by Wiccan Make Some Too's Wickedly Crafty Saturdays & share this!
http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/2010/12/wickedly-crafty-saturdays-3.html

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

Wow! The teachers will love these!

Jennifer said...

I love these. I'm going out in search of some little wooden ovals today to make some for the people on my list. Let's hope they look half as cute as yours. I featured you today on my gift wrap roundup :)

Kira @ Kissing the Joy said...

Okay, so the wire twisting might be tricky (I tried to make earrings once, it wasn't pretty) but the rest I think I can manage. These are ADORABLE! And I happen to have some credit on a Michael's gift card so I'm going for it. Thanks for the fun idea!