Thursday, January 20, 2011

Behavior Chart

This is my youngest child. This is what he would do every waking hour if we let him.

I had the brilliant idea to make a behavior chart much like school. In an effort to cut down on the whining and asking if he can play on the computer every 2.5 seconds. Yes, he's a whiner and a big one.

Here we go....

I typed up what I wanted my different steps to say. Using THIS font. I had a package of coordinating papers that would be a perfect background.

I cut out my sayings using my straight edge cutter. Then cut backgrounds for each one. Mine were 7" wide x 3 1/2" long. Once completed the entire chart it is 22" long, the bottom piece was a little longer than 3 1/2" for cute purposes.

I centered(eye-balled) and stuck them on with glue tape.

I added go(green), watch it(yellow), stop(red) circles on each one too.

I lined them up in order. Using my glue tape again, I put them on a piece of poster board. The back of the poster board has strips of magnet at top and bottom.

I distressed a clothes pin and added a grasshopper. This will serve as my place marker on the chart.

There she is hanging on the fridge. I explained the chart to short stuff, he nodded and walked away. We'll see how this works out. Hopefully less whining is in my future.

I had everything for this little project on hand.

I'll be linking to my favorite Linky Parties.
Share

2 comments:

amy@flexibledreams said...

It must be the WEEK for behavior charts! I wrote a post on this too, but it's for getting them to stay in their beds at night. I love your idea and will be making one just like it pretty soon.

http://flexibledreams.blogspot.com/2011/01/back-on-front-lines-of-sleep-war.html

gail@myrepurposedlife.net said...

motherhood sure makes us get creative, doesn't it?
I hope it works!
gail