Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Bow For Your Sweetheart?

Sweet valentine style bows for your sweetie!

1. 5 - 3/4" by 8-8 1/2" strips

2. Flip one end around to the middle of the strip. Secure with some kind of quick drying glue(hot glue, or glue tape)

3. Flip the other end around and secure.

4. It should look like this. Make 4 more.

Click on the picture for more detail . Please ignore my winter manicure. It's embarrassing.

Stack them alternating the direction, gluing as you go. This one is stacked but not glued yet.

For the Centers you can:

1. Make a simple loop and glue in the center.

2. Use your last piece, folding it almost in half before gluing in the center. Just stuff it in there.


I eyeballed the center of some of my strips. Some I actually measured the center.

For the back I added a circle for a finished look.
I did distress this one with brown ink. It was screaming for it.

This one took double layers.

3/4" wide strips and 1/2" wide strips layered then put together the same way.

For my favorite bow I made a bottle hanger with a strip of left over paper.

Then attached my bow.

I learned:

1. Hot glue worked best for me.
2. The more flexible the paper the better. Stiff paper just didn't lay well.
3. One you get the flip down you can churn these out pretty fast.

I'll be linking HERE.

and here........

Creations by Kara
Make it Yours @ My Backyard EdenA Little Knick Knack



Lisa @ greylustergirl said...

Wow! Thank you. I am going to try my hand at these!

Condo Blues said...

I love making paper bows. I used travel magazines and a paper fastener instead of tape or glue.

BigBearswife said...

oh my gosh those are beautiful!! I just love them!!

Meg said...

Awesome! I think they turned out perfect! Great tutorial~!

gail@myrepurposedlife.net said...

very pretty bows, and creative ways to use them!
Like it on the bottle!

Jessica Hills said...

Just wanted to let you know that I featured it on FTF today. You can grab a featured button if you don't already have one! Thanks for linking!

Scrappy Gifts said...

Beautiful work - they look like they're from the store. Love the other details you did to make it oh so cute. Thanks for linking up to Scrappy Saturdays! Featuring this tomorrow.

Rachel (Lines across my face) said...

Thanks for the tutorial. I made some of these and they were a lot of fun!

Make handmade said...

Love it. thanks for sharing