Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Old T-shirt Rosettes

Who knew an old t-shirt could be so darn cute!

I know these are all over the place but I'm just jumping on the rosette wagon. Rosettes are super easy, super cute, and a crafty must.

1. Strips of old t-shirt about an inch wide. Length depends on how big you want your rosette.

2. Tie a small knot at one end.

3. Begin wrapping around the knot twisting the fabric about every half turn. Dot hot glue every so often to keep the whole thing together.

4. When I'm happy with the size I flip the end under the rosette, secure with a big ol dab of hot glue, trim off any extra if needed.

I put these cuties on bobby pins.

Then stuck them in my hair.

I made cards to attach them to.


To give away.

I'll be linking HERE.

Enter my sweet Valentine give away HERE.

Share

7 comments:

Moogie said...

Wow.... so very cute! I'm your newest follower.
http://moogieland.blogspot.com/

Ambrosia said...

Very cute! Love the cards you made, too!

freaked out 'n small said...

Wonderful idea! The cards are beautiful!

Anna Kay Creations said...

Very cute!! Thanks so much for sharing.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Those are really pretty! We have bunches of old tees I could try this with. :) Love the idea of putting them on bobby pins! I'm visiting from Tutorial Tuesday today. Hope you'll stop by my blog to say hi. :)

Sarah said...

These are really adorable! I have seen them around blog land too but haven't made any. You have inspired me! I'm going to have to raid my husband's work t-shirt drawer and see what I come up with. Thanks for the tutorial! I am your newest follower!

Kasey Q said...

I love these. My daughter and I wear flowers in our hair all the time. I'll have to try this one for sure.