Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Valentine Mail Pouch

I wanted to share a quick idea.

I am the room mother for my little one's class and I needed a craft for the big Valentine party coming up soon. The paper plate mail pouch was born. This is a quick picture of my thrown together prototype before I ran it to the school for approval. Approved! I'm sure the kid's mail pouches will be much more festive.

Large square paper plates - Walmart $1.50 pkg of 16
Tub of heart shaped foam stickers - Michael's $4
Ribbon - Michael's 10yd spools 3 for $1 ( I stocked up!)

I will cut the plates in half, punch holes, and hot glue them together. Since they are pre-school age their craft abilities and attention spans are on the short side. That will leave them to string on the ribbon and stick on foam hearts to their little hearts desire or time runs out.

I'll be sharing this idea HERE.

Share

8 comments:

Melody said...

Super fun! When I was a kid we made those with regular paper plates, but they look infinitely cooler with the rounded square plates.

Erin Fickert-Rowland said...

Really cute! Will have to share this one, and I will probably sign up to make these for my son's class!

Anytram said...

Really nice!

Elle Belles Bows said...

Wonderful and looks easy enough too! Kerri

Cat said...

OK now I am officially in the V Day spirit:)

LocalFunForKids said...

I love this!

Kristen @ ladybug-blessings.com said...

that is such a good mailbox for the kids! If you ever have a chance I'd love for you to link up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings. www.ladybug-blessings.com oh & p.s come enter my giveaway for an inspirational dog print :)

Bella said...

This is a great idea for so many things, I've not yet seen the square plates done like this, it kinda makes me feel silly, its so brilliant.

THANKS so much for finding me, and sharing this at my weekly party **Amaze me August**. I hope you add me to your weekly list, and come back again next week, OR sooner, lol.

I've added your Friday party to my directory, and am your newest follower. Off to check your blog now, :)

Bella :)