Friday, February 18, 2011

Burlap Wreath Do-Over

Remember my burlap wreath?

I took it apart!

I bought a straw wreath for $3.99 and four sheets of yellow felt for $1.00 at Hobby Lobby.

I wrapped my burlap strips round and round the wreath. Covering the entire thing. Securing with hot glue and a few pins along the way. Folding one of the strips and leaving a loop for a hanger.

For the flowers I cut wonky circles out of the yellow felt in graduating sizes. To add dimension I burnt the edges. Using my wind proof lighter, holding the flame near the edge briefly.

Stack them up with a black circle in the center. I secured my layers of felt together with a cross stitch of embroidery floss. I think hot glue would be alright here too.

I secured the flowers to the wreath with pins. Pins instead of glue so I can change them out whenever the feeling strikes me.

I added a burlap bow.

It's missing something. It's going to bother me until I get to the bottom of it. More flowers? Maybe.

Later.....

I added more few more flowers and some leaves.

I'll be linking my wreath do-over HERE.


If you haven't entered my current give away.......


Share

3 comments:

McFarland-Higgins family said...

Maybe more flowers as well as a second color in the bow, like a smaller bow inside the larger bow, if that makes sense? Maybe a black polka dot or something along those lines...

Super cute, though. Burlap and I are close friends :)

Mel's Cabin said...

What a cute and easy idea to make little flowers! I love easy!
Mel's Cabin is sewing up some projects too, if you're in the area blog hopping, stop on over and look up my pillows, apron and hanging projects too.

Amie {Kitty Cats and Airplanes} said...

Love those little flowers! The singed edges really bring out the color and add just the right touch. Great work.