Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Peanut Butter Truffles

We made these little treats for Dad/my husband on Valentines day. He loves Reese's Peanut Butter Cups so we thought we would just make some.

You will need:

1 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
5 tablespoons unsalted butter(room temperature)
1 teaspoon vanilla

Chocolate to coat with

Mix all ingredients together. Knead until smooth. You can add up to 1/2 cup more powdered sugar if you find your mixture to sticky.

Roll into 1" balls.

My small cookie scoop came in very handy here.

Place them on a lined cookie sheet, chill for one hour.

Melt your chocolate according to package directions. I used this Baker's heat & dip for the first time and it was pretty nice. Heat it up, dip, throw away the disposable container.

Dip all your peanut butter balls, covering with chocolate, letting the excess chocolate drip off. A fork works well here.

Place back on that lined cookie sheet.

They will look like this.

I drizzled white chocolate over them to make them super pretty.

I put them back in the fridge to get a little more firm.

Here is the awful part of this whole story.....

Husband came home with a load of health food. He had dropped by the store, picked up yogurt, fruit, tuna, all the things he eats when dieting. He then announced this is it, I'm being healthy from this point on. Hmmmmm, I haven't told him yet about the treat I made in the fridge.

Oh well, guess I"ll have to eat them. Awful, just awful. I think I'll change the name too. Peanut butter truffles sounds so much more chic.

I'm hosting a give away for a sponsor and would love for each and every reader to enter!

I'll be sharing HERE and.....

It's a Keeper



The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Yum. I made these @ Christmas and they are sooooooo good. Sometimes you just have to make a sacrifice!

Jocelyn said...

oh how terrible that you have to eat them all;-) they look yummy!!!!

JENNY K. said...

pretty with the white drizzle.

Amelia@SavoryandSweet said...

These truffles sound delicious! Chocolate and peanut-butter is a match made in heaven. :)
Lovely blog...glad I stopped by!

Megan said...

oh mamma, those look DANGEROUS! YUM!

Christina @ It's a Keeper said...

Hi! I host a weekly blog hop -- It's a Keeper Thursdays. I'd love for you to stop by and link up!

Christina @ It's a Keeper

TheCraftInMe said...

Mmmm, I can't wait to try these, thanks for sharing!

Krista @ While He Was Napping said...

These look delicious! Definitely going to have to try them. I'd love for you to come share it at this weekend's party! Hope to see you there!

Trisha @ The Sweet Survival said...

Yummy these look amazing!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Wow, yummy, just gained 5 lbs., mouth is watering, starting to sweat! Thanks for linking up to Beyond The Picking Fence.

Emily and Jaime at Everyday Art said...

They look beautiful! I've never made PB truffles before, so I'm glad for the recipe now. :) Your poor hubby....

AllieMakes! said...

LOL! They look SOO good! Valentines always comes right when I am in the midst of a diet...
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!

April said...

Oh wow! These look so yummy! I just made some strawberry oreo ones and they were sooooo good...too good in fact! I ate waaaay too many! I bet these pb ones would be awesome! I would love for you to come link up to my Sew Crafty Party! ~ April


Emily @ LaForce Be With You said...

YUM!! I recently did a post about cake truffles and that dipping chocolate would have been so handy! Will have to try these soon!

Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas said...

Just wanted to let you know that I “ Featured” you on Santa’s Gift Shoppe Blog Hop today for your great project & inspiration! Be sure to grab the “I was featured” on Santa’s Gift Shoppe Button/Code for your sidebar! You deserve it! Thanks so much..If you’re not a follower already we’d love for you to join us...