Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wear Your Heart On Your Sleeve

Give your Valentine a cute card and a felt heart to wear.

Poppytalk gave me the inspiration.

The Shakespeare origin of the phrase "Wear your heart on your sleeve" makes it oh so Valentine.

You will need:

Scrap book paper
Hole punch
Safety pins
Markers and pencils

We made a T-shirt template from poster board.

Fold over your paper, your T-shirt is going to open at the top. TIP: If you are using scrap book paper that has a bar code or other print on the backside make sure that doesn't end up on the inside of your card.

Trace and cut out your T-shirt. Leaving the tops of the sleeves folded over(do not cut) so that your t-shirt opens like a card.

Punch two holes in the front side of one sleeve only. Never mind the hearts on this T-shirt are up side down.

Safety pin your felt heart to the card through those holes you just put there.

Write something sweet on the inside like......

Valentines are red
Valentines are blue
I put my valentine in an envelope
and sent it right to you
(This little poem came to me via my 4 year old, he sang this to me today.)

Wear your heart on your sleeve on Valentines Day.

Love, Jo

Then I kicked it up a notch.

I made a puffy heart to pin on the sleeve.

I even added a scalloped neck to this T-shirt.

This super awesome Valentine card idea could go so many different directions. Wearing your heart on your sleeve can have a negative stigma attached to it. Personally, I think letting your emotions be seen is a good thing(unless your a basket case, then you may think about keeping them to yourself).

I'll be linking this card up to a few of THESE places.



Elle Belles Bows said...

Very very cute!! Kerri

McFarland-Higgins family said...

I LOVE this idea! I also love that you always seem to let your kids help you. That is a character flaw of mine and I am working on it! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

Alexis said...

Wow! I just found your blog through Tatertots and Jello, you have the best ideas. This is darling

Jami said...

Super clever idea!!! Heart the hearts!

Young and Crafty said...

Such a cute little card! Great idea to put a "heart on a sleeve"!

Thanks for sharing in FFA!


Ladybird Ln said...

Wow, what a sweet idea! They came out so darling.